Models required for comic arts festival studio window display
Models required…Last year my studio took part in the International Comic Art festival that takes place annually in Kendal. I photographed some of you in comic con costume and created a window display showing the photos combined with digital art work. I was pleased with the result and this year I have been asked to take part again… but I want the display to be bigger and bolder. In short, I need your help to go one better than last year! I am looking for models, male or female, who are happy to be photographed in costume for display in the 2017 event. In return for your time you get free prints of some of the display images. These will include the digital art so basically you get a unique piece of art work showing you in character!
By the way, if you didn’t see my studio window display last year, you can read about it in a previous post here. If you want to know more about this year’s Lakes International Comic Art Festival you can visit their web site here.
So, here’s what I need:
- Male and female models required
- You need to be aged 16 years or older. If you are 16 or 17 years old you must be accompanied by an adult.
- Any MARVEL or DC character. (Sorry if this isn’t you. I would like to stick with characters that most people will recognise and the display needs to have a theme)
- The photography will need to take place during June, July or early August this year
- You must be comfortable with (and give permission to have) your photo on display online and in the studio window. It is likely to be seen by thousands of people.
If you are still interested in taking part or know someone that would be, read on…
‘Ideally’ the photography will take place at our studio in Kendal. This is because it makes the digital art easier to add and we are not dependent on the weather. If you want to take part but can’t get to Kendal, get in touch anyway and we may be able to work something out. Are you in Cumbria, Lancashire, North Yorkshire, Greater Manchester or Cheshire? If so, I may be able to travel to you but I will need to keep these to a minimum so that I leave enough time to get the photos ready for the festival. If your character is not DC or Marvel but you know someone who is, please let them know about this opportunity.
Here’s what you get in return for taking part:
- High quality, professional photography, free of charge
- Free prints of the completed art work
- Free refreshments: tea, coffee and biscuits at the studio
- Big exposure on the Internet and in the festival which attracts visitors from around the world
- Time in the beautiful, historic town of Kendal, close to the Lake District. Less than 30 minutes drive from Windermere and Ambleside, why not make a day or weekend of it?
Use the form below to contact me and then we can arrange your photo shoot!